Gene Synthesis Applications
Potential applications of synthetic genes
- Optimize codon usage in your gene or cDNA to boost protein expression in heterologous expression systems.
- Substitute for commonly used cloning methods, such as PCR.
- Allows the cloning of genes or cDNAs that are difficult to obtain.
- Synthesize the quantities of cDNA fragments necessary for production of custom microarray gene chips.
- Clone humanized mouse antibodies or recombinant single chain antibodies.
- Design genes for gene therapy vectors and DNA vaccines.
- Engineer genes containing specific mutations, alternative splice variants, single nucleotide polymorphisms, etc.